1. What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it?
My brother has been involved in CrossFit for a long time and kept asking me to join. At first I just came to see the CrossFit box and to get him to stop asking me to join him at the gym. I was a little intimidated by some of the workouts, but before long I really started enjoying myself and the sense of community All Level CrossFit had at the gym. Before long I have become passionate about the sport.
2. What is your favourite part about coming to the gym?
My favourite part of coming to the gym is cooling down with the other athletes after a workout. There is definitely a sense of accomplishment after finishing a tough workout that creates a bond between your workout partners.
3. What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite?
My favourite CrossFit workout is probably using the Concept 2 rowing machine. I like trying to beat my previous times, and logging them into the CrossFit app to see if I improved. My least favourite movement is probably handstand pushups. I’m still working on getting one, but I know I’ll be super happy when I finally manage to complete one.
4. What are your goals in CrossFit?
My goal in CrossFit is to have work on my form in olympic weightlifting. I think it looks really awesome when I see some of the elite athletes use the barbells and it inspires me to practice those cool movements.
5. How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit?
I really see it as a great way to stay healthy, and make friends with people who enjoy taking on challenges in and out of All Level CrossFit.
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit?
I think it’s important to understand that everyone was a beginner at CrossFit at one time, and to try not to be too hard on yourself when learning the sport.
7. What does CrossFit mean to you?
I see CrossFit as a great workout, but also a social environment to meet fun people.
8. How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym?
CrossFit has helped me with relieving stress outside of the gym. After completing a tough workout, challenges outside of the gym become less daunting.