One of the most common things we hear during consults with clients at All Level CrossFit is “I want to lose some weight.” And while this in itself is a great and potentially life changing goal, it often overshadows the many, many other reasons you should be exercising.
- Mental Health! Exercise can improve mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety and stress. Everyone has had that day where nothing has gone right and an hour after the gym you are as right as rain. Working out in a community environment like All Level amplifies this effect even more as you have high fives, and encouragement and great people cheering you on.
- Reduces your overall risk of many metabolic and chronic disease. Cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and many types of cancer have all been shown to have greatly reduced risk with regular exercise.
- Strengthens bones and muscles. Resistance training has been shown to increase bone density and help maintain or add lean muscle. This is important through all phases of life, but even more so as we age. The stronger we are, the longer we can maintain our independence.
- Help you sleep better! Exercise has been shown to help you fall asleep faster and get deeper, more restorative sleep. Falling into that comfy bed after a satisfyingly hard day at the gym feels so good!
- Improves your sex life! Exercise improves cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility and blood flow, which are necessary for a great sex life.
- It’s freaking fun!! The group fitness setting we provide at All Level CrossFit will become your happy place! Many great friendships (and marriages) have started within the four walls of our gym. A great group of like minded, Authentic, Driven and Inclusive people like our crew will make sure that you get in shape and have the best time doing it!!