CrossFit and Running! A match made in heaven. So now we’ve told you that CrossFit and Running can not only coexist, but can thrive together…the obvious question is why (and how!)? Let’s break it down!
1. CrossFit provides a full body strength program that trains muscles that don’t get much (if any) use when running. This can reduce the risk of injury and help you become a more efficient and well rounded runner.
2. CrossFit is an efficient use of time! Runners spend hours upon hours on the road which can lead to less time for strength training. CrossFit will get you in and out in an hour and in that time will touch on all of the important pieces of a proper strength session.
3. Typical CrossFit workouts (WODs) involve movements that utilize fast twitch muscle fibres, which tend to be less developed in distance runners, and optimizing both types is the goal.
4. It’s FUN! Running can be monotonous, whereas one of the principal tenets of CrossFit is “constantly varied” or always changing, so you won’t get bored.
5. Running shorter distances (400m, 800m) is a staple of CrossFit workouts which gives runners a chance to get some tempo/speed work in during a WOD.
So if you are a runner, try adding in some. CrossFit and watch those Personal Records starting rolling in! #crossfit #alllevelcrossfit #running #fitspo