- What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it? I had a couple friends who were training at All Level CrossFit for about a year when they told me about it. I had always incorporated exercise into my daily routine but was tired of the Big Box Gyms and wanted to try something different, something that would push me to become a better version of myself.
- What is your favourite part about coming to the gym? The best part of going to the gym are the high intensity workouts that deliver amazing results. It’s not just a sense of accomplishment but the friendships that are formed when you go physically all-out with a dozen other people is unbelievable!
- What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite? My favourite CrossFit movement is the Power Clean. My least favourite movement in CrossFit is the Overhead Squat.
- What are your goals in CrossFit? My goals since I started CrossFit have not changed. I want to be in better shape at 40 yrs old than I was when I was 20 yrs old. I want to be able to keep up with my 3 small children and their active lifestyles.
- How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit? CrossFit has restored by obsession with physical fitness in a good way. It’s intense, it’s never the same workout twice. It emphasizes function , progress, and work capacity. It replaces the comfort of gym machines with a demand for all-out effort.
- What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit? DO-IT! Put all your hesitations aside and give it a try, you won’t regret it.
- What does CrossFit mean to you? CrossFit to me is a way to improve my health, both physically and mentally.
- How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym? Crossfit has not only made me physically stronger but mentally stronger. It changed the way I think, the way I view and perceive a challenge or difficult situation. Creating a positive mindset creates a positive outcome!