- What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it?
I met swimmers at the World Down Syndrome Swimming Championships last summer who were involved in CrossFit and loved it. Then the Chasing Hazel Foundation started a pilot at All Level CrossFit in the summer of 2019 and I had the opportunity to try it out.
- What is your favourite part about coming to the gym?
I love working out and getting to meet new people and I really enjoy the competition.
- What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite?
My favourite movement is the bear crawl. My least favourite movement is burpees.
- What are your goals in CrossFit?
I want to continue to become stronger, keep healthy and tell others about how much fun it is to be involved with CrossFit!
- How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit?
I love coming to the gym. I am meeting lots of new people. Everyone is so friendly and encourage me to do my best and make me feel like part of the team and accepted. And I am so happy with the results it has had on my swimming!
- What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying
Just Do It!
- What does CrossFit mean to you?
- CrossFit is giving me a chance to be the best I can be! And I get to make
- How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym?
I am more confident in my abilities and seeing improved swim times closer to the World Record! I can’t wait to see how CrossFit can help me prepare for the next World Down Syndrome Championships in Turkey in 2020!